Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Basic Geometry and rules

Basic Geometry and rules 28 Sep 2011 03:04 #155371

• gandi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

is there a set of basic rules or geometry drawings that i can look at for converting a Yamaha xt 500 into a flat/Street tracker or even Tracker/Supermoto. Perhaps rules is the wrong word but basically what i want to do is as it says and change the looks of my XT,but i dont know where to start,(ie)what front end will fit or work and seat height for the back ,whether i need new lugs to change the position of the rear shocks.Can i get away with the size of wheel that are already in.
I am not too bothered about the engine mods as that can be done last and if at all.

Thanks for looking and any information would be gratefull.

Wayne.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Basic Geometry and rules 05 Oct 2011 04:46 #156077

• BenL26
  • Junior Boarder
I have found that a set of yamaha xs 650 forks with 10w oil and 35# fork springs works rather well. Deraking the frame is also a good idea as the stock rake is 29.5 degrees and gets changed to 25.5 allowing the bike to steer more precisely. The rear shocks can be moved to a more perpendicular angle similar to that of the Sr500. 14.25" shocks worked well for me allowing 5.5" of wheel travel while still keeping the ride height down. Last but not least get a xs 650 swingarm and bolt it on as it is a direct bolt on item and will allow as wide of a rim as 2.75" the best part is that swingarm is cheap and will stretch the wheelbase 2".

Hope this info is helpful as it has served me well on my race bike while keeping the cost down.

Ben

Re:Basic Geometry and rules 06 Oct 2011 13:36 #156225

• gandi
  • Fresh Boarder
Cheers Ben,
at least i have a starting point now

Regards Wayne.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds