Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Alice in wonderland?

Re: Alice in wonderland? 02 Mar 2012 13:20 #166611

  • uglybill
  • uglybill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 119
  • Thank you received: 7
WildWill wrote:
[quote="getta20m I don't know why "uglybill" refers to himself that way. His concerned face looking down at me as I came too was a pleasant site. :)

Getta

I wondered the same Thing, and asked about it at the
Stockton Kansas Race in 2009. I was told Rob Goodwin
stuck him with that name.

As I remember the story as told to me, Bill was riding a bike,
and Rob walks up and says, "That bike sure is Ugly Bill."

And The Name Stuck. :cheer: :cheer:[/quote]

I'm begining to wonder about your memory Will.
You were there when that moniker was tattooed
to me.

We were both riding for Tom Laird of LA racing.
We were all sitting around lieing to each other
like good respectable racer's do.
Tom say's hey I have two Will's ridding for me.
I already have a WildWill what are we going to
call you Bill.

That when Rob walked in and uttered the infamous words.
Remember the bike back then? It had a God awful
silver rattle can paint job. With a two on the
number plates.

Rob was right the bike was ugly.

Will the other Will
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEONARD 47

Re: Alice in wonderland? 02 Mar 2012 17:14 #166619

  • WildWill
  • WildWill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 7313
  • Thank you received: 1225
uglybill wrote:
WildWill wrote:
[quote="getta20m I don't know why "uglybill" refers to himself that way. His concerned face looking down at me as I came too was a pleasant site. :)

Getta

I wondered the same Thing, and asked about it at the
Stockton Kansas Race in 2009. I was told Rob Goodwin
stuck him with that name.

As I remember the story as told to me, Bill was riding a bike,
and Rob walks up and says, "That bike sure is Ugly Bill."

And The Name Stuck. :cheer: :cheer:

I'm begining to wonder about your memory Will.
You were there when that moniker was tattooed
to me.

We were both riding for Tom Laird of LA racing.
We were all sitting around lieing to each other
like good respectable racer's do.
Tom say's hey I have two Will's ridding for me.
I already have a WildWill what are we going to
call you Bill.

That when Rob walked in and uttered the infamous words.
Remember the bike back then? It had a God awful
silver rattle can paint job. With a two on the
number plates.

Rob was right the bike was ugly.

Will the other Will[/quote]

Now Other Will, I was not there as I asked about
the name and was told the story.
Willard Kelley
aka
Wild Will From Stephenville
6 Time VDTRA Pro #1
Sponsored By:
Tom Laird, L A Racing, Hearne Tx.
Terry McDonald of House of Wheels Racing, Brownwood Tx.
Rod Lake Racing, San Jose Ca.
Pam McDonald of All Star Awards and Signs, Brownwood Tx.
K-K Enterprises, Stephenville Tx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Alice in wonderland? 02 Mar 2012 18:46 #166622

  • uglybill
  • uglybill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 119
  • Thank you received: 7
WildWill wrote:
uglybill wrote:
WildWill wrote:
[quote="getta20m I don't know why "uglybill" refers to himself that way. His concerned face looking down at me as I came too was a pleasant site. :)

Getta

I wondered the same Thing, and asked about it at the
Stockton Kansas Race in 2009. I was told Rob Goodwin
stuck him with that name.

As I remember the story as told to me, Bill was riding a bike,
and Rob walks up and says, "That bike sure is Ugly Bill."

And The Name Stuck. :cheer: :cheer:

I'm begining to wonder about your memory Will.
You were there when that moniker was tattooed
to me.

We were both riding for Tom Laird of LA racing.
We were all sitting around lieing to each other
like good respectable racer's do.
Tom say's hey I have two Will's ridding for me.
I already have a WildWill what are we going to
call you Bill.

That when Rob walked in and uttered the infamous words.
Remember the bike back then? It had a God awful
silver rattle can paint job. With a two on the
number plates.

Rob was right the bike was ugly.

Will the other Will

Now Other Will, I was not there as I asked about
the name and was told the story.[/quote]

Yes you were there. That was the first time that
I meet you. Maybe you didn't hear it. There was
allot of us sitting around Klieneweber pits.
That was the year we got the photo of all
of Laird's and Klieneweber rider's, with Getta
and Kyle Boyde in it.

Will the other Will
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Alice in wonderland? 02 Mar 2012 18:54 #166624

  • getta20m
  • getta20m's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2379
  • Thank you received: 354
While the two of you discuss which is in the more advanced state of cognitive decline, let me thank you for the explanation, and add that the bike can no longer be considered ugly, as demonstrated in the photo; however, I did choose to cut Tom from the background, the photo does no justice to his pretty face. ;)

Getta

Attachment BillsBikeEdited3.jpg not found

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Alice in wonderland? 02 Mar 2012 19:25 #166626

  • WildWill
  • WildWill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 7313
  • Thank you received: 1225
uglybill wrote:
WildWill wrote:
uglybill wrote:
WildWill wrote:
[quote="getta20m I don't know why "uglybill" refers to himself that way. His concerned face looking down at me as I came too was a pleasant site. :)

Getta

I wondered the same Thing, and asked about it at the
Stockton Kansas Race in 2009. I was told Rob Goodwin
stuck him with that name.

As I remember the story as told to me, Bill was riding a bike,
and Rob walks up and says, "That bike sure is Ugly Bill."

And The Name Stuck. :cheer: :cheer:

I'm begining to wonder about your memory Will.
You were there when that moniker was tattooed
to me.

We were both riding for Tom Laird of LA racing.
We were all sitting around lieing to each other
like good respectable racer's do.
Tom say's hey I have two Will's ridding for me.
I already have a WildWill what are we going to
call you Bill.

That when Rob walked in and uttered the infamous words.
Remember the bike back then? It had a God awful
silver rattle can paint job. With a two on the
number plates.

Rob was right the bike was ugly.

Will the other Will

Now Other Will, I was not there as I asked about
the name and was told the story.

Yes you were there. That was the first time that
I meet you. Maybe you didn't hear it. There was
allot of us sitting around Klieneweber pits.
That was the year we got the photo of all
of Laird's and Klieneweber rider's, with Getta
and Kyle Boyde in it.

Will the other Will[/quote]

OK Other Will, as I am sitting here LMAO, :laugh: :laugh:
I just figured out my Problem, Thanks to Getta's post.

Obviously by Getta's Post, she didn't know the story as it
happened either, although she too was there.

Yes we first met at the 2009 Stockton Race when The Neat
Photo was taken. I remember that well Other will, but after
reflecting ( I do That a Lot), I didn't actually hear the story
at Stockton. Probably the same reason as Getta didn't because I
was tellin her My Chris Carr Story at the Time. :ohmy:

It is much clearer to me now, as I actaully heard the Explanation
at Nebraska in 2010, when Jimbo, Bubba and I drove up there for
That rainout. That's when Rob Told Me the story, not at Stockton
like I first said.

Sorry For the confusion. :P

Here's That Photo. I just can't pass up a chance to post
this Photo, as it is one of my Favorites.

Willard Kelley
aka
Wild Will From Stephenville
6 Time VDTRA Pro #1
Sponsored By:
Tom Laird, L A Racing, Hearne Tx.
Terry McDonald of House of Wheels Racing, Brownwood Tx.
Rod Lake Racing, San Jose Ca.
Pam McDonald of All Star Awards and Signs, Brownwood Tx.
K-K Enterprises, Stephenville Tx.
Last Edit: 02 Mar 2012 19:36 by WildWill.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEONARD 47

Re: Alice in wonderland? 02 Mar 2012 23:17 #166644

  • uglybill
  • uglybill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 119
  • Thank you received: 7
WildWill wrote:
uglybill wrote:
WildWill wrote:
uglybill wrote:
WildWill wrote:
[quote="getta20m I don't know why "uglybill" refers to himself that way. His concerned face looking down at me as I came too was a pleasant site. :)

Getta

I wondered the same Thing, and asked about it at the
Stockton Kansas Race in 2009. I was told Rob Goodwin
stuck him with that name.

As I remember the story as told to me, Bill was riding a bike,
and Rob walks up and says, "That bike sure is Ugly Bill."

And The Name Stuck. :cheer: :cheer:

I'm begining to wonder about your memory Will.
You were there when that moniker was tattooed
to me.

We were both riding for Tom Laird of LA racing.
We were all sitting around lieing to each other
like good respectable racer's do.
Tom say's hey I have two Will's ridding for me.
I already have a WildWill what are we going to
call you Bill.

That when Rob walked in and uttered the infamous words.
Remember the bike back then? It had a God awful
silver rattle can paint job. With a two on the
number plates.

Rob was right the bike was ugly.

Will the other Will

Now Other Will, I was not there as I asked about
the name and was told the story.

Yes you were there. That was the first time that
I meet you. Maybe you didn't hear it. There was
allot of us sitting around Klieneweber pits.
That was the year we got the photo of all
of Laird's and Klieneweber rider's, with Getta
and Kyle Boyde in it.

Will the other Will

OK Other Will, as I am sitting here LMAO, :laugh: :laugh:
I just figured out my Problem, Thanks to Getta's post.

Obviously by Getta's Post, she didn't know the story as it
happened either, although she too was there.

Yes we first met at the 2009 Stockton Race when The Neat
Photo was taken. I remember that well Other will, but after
reflecting ( I do That a Lot), I didn't actually hear the story
at Stockton. Probably the same reason as Getta didn't because I
was tellin her My Chris Carr Story at the Time. :ohmy:

It is much clearer to me now, as I actaully heard the Explanation
at Nebraska in 2010, when Jimbo, Bubba and I drove up there for
That rainout. That's when Rob Told Me the story, not at Stockton
like I first said.

Sorry For the confusion. :P

Here's That Photo. I just can't pass up a chance to post
this Photo, as it is one of my Favorites.



[/quote]

I forgot Jim Henry was in that photo.
He was sitting with us during the bull session.
That was a great time.

Wm
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds