TOPIC: I played with my lil' tool today

I played with my lil' tool today 08 Feb 2012 07:38 #164964

• Sixflag500
  • Expert Boarder
  • I wanna learn!
  • Thank you received: 14
ha ha...

My tape measure...hahha

Ok on my near stock tt 500 I took these measures so how do they measure up?

Handle bar width - grip end to grip end= 33 7/8

fork length-center of axle to top of cap/nut= 33 7/8 (forks 2 1/2 inches up in clamp)

wheel base- center of each axle=56"

these where taken with bike on stand with rear tire about 3 1/2 inches off of ground?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I played with my lil' tool today 09 Feb 2012 04:09 #165009

• Sixflag500
  • Expert Boarder
  • I wanna learn!
well?
Attachments:

Re: I played with my lil' tool today 10 Feb 2012 00:34 #165083

that should work fine for a stock bike. In the future if you wish to upgrade there are many things you can do with the parts you have to make your bike handle better. If you were to do anything to it my two best suggestions for you are to find a 19 inch wheel for the back and to derake the steering stem. Not sure which triple clamps you have but there are tt500 clamps available cheap on ebay with a good amount of offset. This should make it handle better without deraking the steering head. Good luck and have fun, Tom.

Re: I played with my lil' tool today 11 Feb 2012 04:44 #165168

• Sixflag500
  • Expert Boarder
  • I wanna learn!
thanks for the reply

The clamps would be neat to look at, what listings should be hooked up?

I have oem 1977 tt forks and clamps.

I'm suspost to meet up with a guy tomarrow at a race to buy a rear wheel so that will get me a hub to get laced up while keeping me ole' bike rolling.

I'm trying to gather info on why~what works on the rake,and was told stock would be better on bigger tracks and not as good on short. I have two more stork track races I want to attend then the next I have my mind on are 1/2 miles so I'm torn on what to do seems like adjustable would be idea but not sure?

Re: I played with my lil' tool today 13 Feb 2012 03:27 #165326

looking at the photo closer i see that you have the tubes pulled up infront of the bars. This tells me that you have the trees with the larger offset. This is good. You definately want to derake your frame, its really not going to make you worse on a 1/2 mile. If you want to, you can buy a set of the newer model clamps which have less offset, which will increase your trail for the 1/2 mile if you would like to test it out. Hoewever, you will need to modify the steering stops. When i did this with my set of clamps, i drilled and tapped holes in the steering stops on the clamps and ran bolts through until they touched the stock stops before the forks hit the tank. i can post some pictures of various modifications i did on my bike if you would like. Some really good info on the modification of stock tt500 frames can be found on thunderbikeracing.com/index.html
Hope this helps, Tom
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2012 03:30 by llevielle@nycap.rr.com.

Re: I played with my lil' tool today 22 Feb 2012 02:21 #166050

• Sixflag500
  • Expert Boarder
  • I wanna learn!
sure, Please post and descibe all the pictures you care to Sir!

It sure is hard to get "over-all" info on the 500? I'm glad your willing to help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds