Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DMR Ossa Pictures

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 30 Jan 2009 07:09 #33696

• randytelecaster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
In 1975 I was 10 years old and my parents in Siler City, N.C. bought my first SX - 125 and SX -175 from Recil and Betty Cox. I remember as a kid seeing Ossa's there and brochures from Power Dyne. This was when the Sprint dirt trackers were fading out and before the advent of the MX -250 short trackers. Remember Poochie picking at me about my UNC tee shirt and me not knowing what a "Ram" was. Good people. I still ride my FXRS and I hope they don't disown me for riding my new Hayabusa (lol) :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 30 Jan 2009 07:55 #33701

• RayP11n
randytelecaster wrote:
Sad story but as I read it this was the first race and the rider was killed. Ossa probably became disheartened over it and quit the project.

What story are you referring to Randy?

RayP #11n
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009 07:17 by RayP11n.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 30 Jan 2009 11:23 #33734

• WildWill
  • Thank you received: 927
Little General wrote:
OK WW,I do remember the AMA taking my money for some other little stunts that I shouldn’t have done on some outdoor tracks. LOL. REL

Yes Little General,
And I wrote of one of those nights back in 2002 when I started The Texas Trivia which got expanded to National Trivia.

I told of the Night at Ross Downs back in 1971 when You moved fellow Ossa Rider Denny Horton over with the use of that Right Foot of Yours.

The referee disqualified you and You didn't get your Money That Night.

I was standing next to you in the infield after the races when you plead your case to the referee.

I still laugh when I think about it as You told the referee that he shouldn't disqualify you because the Other rider didn't Protest You.

Do you remember that Little General?

The referee told you The other rider didn't have to Protest because He (The Referee) saw You do it.

I remember seeing you at a Truck Stop later that night as we were heading for Oklahoma City and you were still mad because he kept your Money.

Oh Those were Fun Times weren't they Robert?

Willard Kelley
aka
Wild Will
Willard Kelley
aka
Wild Will From Stephenville
6 Time VDTRA Pro #1
Sponsored By:
Tom Laird, L A Racing, Hearne Tx.
Terry McDonald of House of Wheels Racing, Brownwood Tx.
Rod Lake Racing, San Jose Ca.
Pam McDonald of All Star Awards and Signs, Brownwood Tx.
K-K Enterprises, Stephenville Tx.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 16 Mar 2009 16:20 #40197

fire814 wrote:
My friend Steve Hernandez won Madison Square Gardens and Philly on a Ossa built by Carol Swanson's brother. That was a very sweet machine.

I'm trying to get a hold of Steve Hernandez. Dante and Rod Lake would like to honor him at the San Jose Indoor race March 27th. So If you could do me a favor, and send me your email. I would like to get in touch with Steve and tell him all about the indoor and what Dante would like to do.

Thank You,
Amanda

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 16 Mar 2009 18:42 #40213

• mikebike11y
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 309
Amanda,

Here's a long shot for you, for finding Steve Hernandez. I spoke to him last year at a Chowchilla Barnburner race and I believe he said he was living in Modesto, Calif., working in the garden department at Home Depot, maybe Orchards Supply Hardware. Go figure.

Good luck . . . . Mike
If you're not making dust . . . you're usually eating it

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 17 Mar 2009 03:02 #40225

• randytelecaster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
No story, just that Cox's H-D is a great group of people.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 17 Mar 2009 05:12 #40229

• Media Marketing
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 71
Ossa DMR, PowerDyne PDV, Had one of each, wish I still had 'em along with the Champion framed 360 Yamaha I built in my basement over the winter of '73! Also wish we still had flattrack Nationals to go to! I Can not believe Hagerstown would not draw a crowd as always!
Attachments:
\"You don\'t know how fast you can go \'till you fall off!\" Dave Aldana
Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009 05:15 by Media Marketing.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 17 Mar 2009 08:31 #40239

Hi,
Had to register after all your discussion about ossa's, let's not forget about my late good friend Danny Hockie. He smoked around Ascot on a single, making the main event every week.That was when the champion twin's were at there best(ala, Genaii,hocking, renslow,keener). I remember ,I was on a Bultaco and had to wait for a TT race to be in the main.Those were some crazy days on friday nights.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 17 Mar 2009 08:47 #40240

• verticaltwin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 69
Danny Hockie? Any relation to Charlie and Willie Hockie? They raced in the same area.

Kyle#44x
Kyle#44x
Great Plains Flattrack Serieshttp://www.gpfts.com/
I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own.

Re:DMR Ossa Pictures 10 May 2009 23:26 #45982

Mike Eades had this DMR on display at the Brewer's speedway reunion. He said it's never been started. It's the same bike I rode for Poochie Cox back in the day. Doug Fairrington
Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 May 2009 23:35 by dougfair29c.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds