Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HARPSTER OHIO SHORTTRACK PICS 7-2-11

HARPSTER OHIO SHORTTRACK PICS 7-2-11 02 Jul 2011 18:54 #145686

• Chew and family
  • Administrator
  • Chew and Mia (THE FANS IN THE STANDS!
  • Thank you received: 1977
No, none of the big guns of the national circuit were there today, but what riders were there gave us a great afternoon of shorttrack racing to watch.Quads as well as motorcycles tackled the sweet little clay shorttrack and with some of the close racing we saw today,well, it was as good as a national.
A line of thunderstorms rolled through the Harpster area around 8:30 this am,but the TMC crew had the nice little (plenty of run off the track,you aren't gonna hit nothing)racetrack ready for practice by early afternoon.The EMT crew only had to move once today,not as a transport for a downed rider vehicle,but in the form of A WHEEL PACKER along with a few pickup trucks,THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE A AMBULANCE AT A FLATTRACK RACE AS FAR AS WE'RE CONCERNED!!!!!!:laugh:
Two Ohio race promoters saddled up and rode today.Tim ONE EYE Hagar 22f (wapa ohio half-mile 8-5-11 and troy ohio half-mile 8-12-11) and Bob MIC OR BIKE Sigler #203 (next friday night 7-8-11 millersburg ohio hilltop speedway) and rode very well at that on the tacky clay coUrse.
We had a blast and want to thank everyone at TMC for having such a neat little racetrack that gives the riders a place to race as well as giving us,a place to watch!! THANKS ALL,
CHEW and MIA!!!
Click here for the pics from today's Harpster races!
I told my Pap and Mame I was goin to the dirttrack to go flattrackin.ACTED LIKE THEY WAS GUT SHOT!Says SON,Make your life goes here,HEREs WHERE THE PEOPLES IS,FLATTRACK IS FULL OF SPEED AND DANGER.Mother Larcom I SAYS,FLATTRACK IS THE MARROW OF THE WORLD, BY GOSH,I WAS RIGHT!!! chew
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:HARPSTER OHIO SHORTTRACK PICS 7-2-11 03 Jul 2011 05:20 #145703

• Media Marketing
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 78
Hey guys, "nothin' to hit"? What about that big ol' telephone/light pole in the middle of 3 and 4? Is there a shortage of hay in Ohio!? Seriously, looks like a great track, great riders, and a fun day. Ohio is still the home of summertime dirt track racing on two Or 4 wheels!
\"You don\'t know how fast you can go \'till you fall off!\" Dave Aldana

Re:HARPSTER OHIO SHORTTRACK PICS 7-2-11 03 Jul 2011 06:50 #145714

• Chew and family
  • Administrator
  • Chew and Mia (THE FANS IN THE STANDS!
  • Thank you received: 1977
Hi Bob,nope nothing to hit,it has a half-mile around the outside of the quartermile,with ALL kinds of runoff room.They built it that way for a big saftey factor. 65 bucks gets you all you want to ride on it,ALL YEAR LONG. They also have a shallow good sized pond where you can hone up your ice-riding skills come (GULP) cold weather.
Hope to see you Sat night Bob!!!
chew and mia
I told my Pap and Mame I was goin to the dirttrack to go flattrackin.ACTED LIKE THEY WAS GUT SHOT!Says SON,Make your life goes here,HEREs WHERE THE PEOPLES IS,FLATTRACK IS FULL OF SPEED AND DANGER.Mother Larcom I SAYS,FLATTRACK IS THE MARROW OF THE WORLD, BY GOSH,I WAS RIGHT!!! chew

Re:HARPSTER OHIO SHORTTRACK PICS 7-2-11 03 Jul 2011 15:30 #145751

• CurvWearRacing
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I had a good time yesterday, good people and good facility down there, also very affordable! wish there was a bigger turnout tho

Re:HARPSTER OH SHORTTRACK PICS 7-2-11 03 Jul 2011 17:57 #145763

• rjsig123
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Chew & Mia:

Thanks for posting those pics, I had an absolute blast riding "rusty lightning".

Good to see some of our OOM quad regulars make the trip to TMC to pick up some points in our series......promoters working together here in Ohio.....it certainly helps the sport.

Thanks TMC for working hard to give us a place to race, and for paying OOFTSCS points too!

Hope to see a bunch of racers on the high banks of Hilltop Speedway friday night, as we are looking forward to our first race of the season under the lights!

Again, great pics, thanks!

Later,
Bob Sigler

www.ohiooutlawmotorsports.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds