Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race?

Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 01 Jun 2011 17:54 #142576

• swv3
  • Fresh Boarder
Giving up Motocross, getting to old for that s@#t! Raced a couple of flat track races as a youth at 395 cycle park in adelanto, CA, and want to give it another try. Started looking on line for tracks within 3 hours of Pensacola, that covers an area from New Orleans, to north of Montgomery, to Tallahassee. Haven't found a single track! I will be 49 this year and motocross is going to be the death of me. I like the idea of falling from ground level, not from 30 feet in the air. Fell last October, 7 broken ribs, 2 vertebrae fractured, concussion, 8 days in the hospital with a chest tube. Started back last month, fell memorial day, feels like I fractured my hip, afraid to get it x-rayed(its not broke until its x-rayed!). Anyway have two bikes, 09 yz250(two stroke) and an 08 yz450f. The 450 would be the flat track bike if I can find a place to race.Someone tell me where I can race a couple times a month. Thanks, Scott
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 01 Jun 2011 18:42 #142583

• wmac8c
  • Thank you received: 22
Last Edit: 01 Jun 2011 18:48 by wmac8c.

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 01 Jun 2011 18:46 #142585

• wmac8c
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey Scott, Look up Rob McClendon @ D&D Cycles in Pesacola. He races flattrack and use to promote some races around there. He should be able to help you out. If you want to travel farther, You can check out the SEMDTRA.com website. wmac

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 02 Jun 2011 03:23 #142606

• swv3
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply. I had been in contact with Rob last fall, he was using a closed car track in baker, fl. He had a few races and evidently did not get any turn out, so he is done in this area. But I bet he could tell me where the closest races would be. I will give him a call.

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 04 Jun 2011 04:05 #142817

• smcnary
  • Southern Dirt Track Association
  • Thank you received: 36
Scott,
If you want to race close to your location check out the flyer for the next event @ www.southernhotshoeracing.com

If you do not mind drving to Ocala check out our website at www.southerndirttrackassociation.com and we will see you today at 3:00 or our last race before the summer break on June 18.

Either way welcome to the Flat Track community
Shawn

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 17 Oct 2011 04:45 #157000

• paulleah
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Monster Mountain near Montgomery is building a clay 1/4 mile. TNValley Flattrackers in Huntsville, AL race pretty regularly.

Www.tnvalleyflattrackers.com

Paul Crawford

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 29 Oct 2011 04:47 #157743

• swv3
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Paul thanks for the info. Huntsville is about 5.5 hours away but may make that trip sometime. Monster Mountain sounds better. Is that at the moto cross track and when will they start racing?

Re:Live near Pensacola, FL, Where can I race? 03 May 2012 12:36 #170361

We've got an AMA Vintage Dirt Track National Saturday, May 5th and Sunday, ay 6th and we're running modern support classes at Monster!
Tom Brinkman
Owner
Monster Mountain MX Park
www.monstermx.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds