Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Washington State dirttrack

Washington State dirttrack 14 Mar 2008 16:54 #1750

Does anyone have a set schedule for the dirttrack races in Washington because I have 4 different printed out schedules plus the website schedules that do not correspond with eachother. Any ideas???

Jeff Hiatt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Washington State dirttrack 17 Mar 2008 08:39 #1934

• Ricster
  • Expert Boarder
Did you get the schedules that were handed out at Mickey Fay's season finale in Puyallup? The Washington State Dirt Track Race Schedule was printed on orange paper and the Washington State Dirt Track Championship Series on yellow paper. So far those seem to be the most complete schedules at this time.

Re:Washington State dirttrack 17 Mar 2008 19:36 #1990

Yes, I did get that one, but I just wanted to make sure that the one given at the races is the most accurate and updated schedule. The websites are missing one or two races that are posted on the flyer.

Re:Washington State dirttrack 19 Mar 2008 19:54 #2187

• Ricster
  • Expert Boarder
As far as I can tell, those are as complete as have been distributed. I too see some differences between the orange/yellow sheets and the track websites. Wyatts dad posted a schedule for an Outlaw Dirt Track Challange on this board as well. I for one will checking with each track to compare schedules before hauling. I gotta say that it will be a busy year for flat track in Washington.

Re:Washington State dirttrack 20 Mar 2008 16:27 #2238

Thats the best solution is to call before you haul.Yes it's going to be a busy summer.I hear that the ORV park are going to have some races but haven't seen a schedule yet.

Re:Washington State dirttrack 21 Mar 2008 08:32 #2275

• Ricster
  • Expert Boarder
Straddleline ORV Park has 2 different websites currently and recently has begun posting info on the 2008 season. Nothing on flat track yet from either of them.

www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/ORV/index.asp is the official website for the park as I am told. The other www.straddlelineraceway.com/ is on the web thanks to someone that really likes the park. I am not quite sure the relationship between the two, but there they are.

The second site has an article dated July 16, 2007 talking about the imminent death of a proposed new flat track that was to be built in front of the grandstand area. It also talks about the sport of flat track dying out and does not really generate enough interest to warrant building a new track. Funny, the schedules we have been discussing on this thread have a flat track race scheduled every weekend from April to October with many double header weekends. Not bad for a dying sport.

I took the twins to Straddleline last year for their first riding experience. We took a flat track prepared CR85 in hopes of getting to ride on the short track. The guy at the gate said it was locked down and required bookoo dinero to open it up so we settled for a day of learning to ride around in the picnic area and the peewee woop-de-doo track. We would love to see the short track opened up for practices several times this year and would really love to see some races there as well. I know that Amy Pruzinski tried to put together a practice last year to no avail. It is sad to see a good resource for flat trackers go to waste as the sport is actually seeing a resurgence in fan & rider attendance in Washington.

I heard somewhere that the Catywampus Cavemen are having some sort of event (maybe flat track?) on June 1, 2008 at Straddleline. I also heard that they have the Dino Days June 7th & 8th as well as the Dirt Fest July 12th & 13th. And yet another rumor I heard, and don't quote me on this, but Carol Kell is possibly having a short track event there on August 3rd.

I for one would love to see a schedule of practice days and races at Straddlleline in 2008. I have 2 kids racing flat track now and 2 that want to that need a place to practice. I want to race again after a 30 year break and really need a place to practice. I really like the ORV park and would take my family to practice on the short track regularly if they would only open the gates.

Re:Washington State dirttrack 09 Apr 2008 11:44 #3787

• emt41501
  • Fresh Boarder
Last I heard Ben Bushnell is the caretaker at the park now. I bet he would be a good resource in getting more days of the flattrack being open.;)
Getting shot out of a cannon is always preferable to getting squeezed out a tube. That is why God created motorcycles. -Hunter S. Thomson
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds