Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Beardsley race track.

Old Beardsley race track. 29 Jul 2011 16:18 #148678

• Dillon71
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
anyone race there back in the day? I drove out to the track after work today. it's still there and the track is still somewhat clear and laid out. I might go out there soon and ride around on the track.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 01 Aug 2011 10:45 #148955

• Dillon71
  • Junior Boarder
does anyone have any pictures from the the Beardsley track from back in the day?

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 22 Sep 2011 11:16 #154773

• Swish
  • Fresh Boarder
The Beardsley in AZ? I used to race there back in the day. GREAT memories! Probably have a few pics too.

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 23 Sep 2011 13:08 #154906

• Rotaxjohn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My first ever race was at Beardsley in 1972. Age 13 and I wanted my number to be 13 but someone else had that.... so it became 11. I hung onto "11" for years after. I got all beat up in practice that night but hung on amid the tears to win the main event in the mini beginner class.

Danny Boze was the hotshoe at the time and had wicked fast equipment. I ended up being his competition for a while until we moved to Florida.

I loved the "Sweepstakes" races where you had to traverse track in the opposite direction. It was my first taste at winning money rather than tropies.

Once, my dad and I camped out at the track on an off weekend planning to practice in the morning. We neglected to realize that as soon as the sun started warming the track up it made all the oil they used on the track rise to the surface and it became a skating rink. It was fun at first but became too slick by about 10am.

Fun times.....

John Dupree

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 27 Sep 2011 09:50 #155308

• Dillon71
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for the story! my grandpa and his brother used to race out there all the time. There is still the layout of the track out there however the back stretch is pretty grown out. I would love to go out there and clean it up though and play around on it a little bit.

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 15 Oct 2011 16:59 #156841

• PatL
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Where at on Beardsley was this track. I seem to have forgotten. I think we raced there a couple of times
back around 1984 or 85??

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 30 Jan 2012 23:12 #164307

• dstrcr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, I raced at Beardsley quite a bit from 1974 - 1977, My dad was the last owner of the track. I have some pics from Beardsley.

I have attached a pic from 1974, this is in Right Hander on the TT track. Me on my YZ125, Dennis Parks behind me on a Honda CR125

If you want to find the track, it's a little tough these days. Leaving Surprise, AZ. go North on Grand Ave (Hwy 60), Past the 303, you'll come to the old Beardsley Canal, appox 163rd Ave. You need to get on the Canal road (tough these days) follow the Canal Rd East for 3-4 Miles, the Canal is on your left, when the canal goes underground for a bit, that's where you turn right, the path will take you to the old track, it's still there but pretty beat. with Trash/Debris dumped on the back straightaway.

I can show you the way if needed, my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Take care,

Bob Russell
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEONARD 47

Re: Old Beardsley race track. 08 Feb 2012 04:55 #164955

• Dillon71
  • Junior Boarder
yeah me and my grandpa kind of made a detour around the trash in the back straight. Bobby, I believe you know my grandpa, Tom Burcham.I have heard him and my grandma mention your name before.

Re:Old Beardsley race track. 08 Feb 2012 15:39 #164974

• PatL
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Hi Bob: I really don't need to go out there, but was just wondering if Kelly and Shaun had raced there. It sounded familiar.
Are you stil riding? I really miss all the racing we used to have here in Arizona.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds