Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Singles to replace twins ?

Singles to replace twins ? 24 Jan 2010 12:39 #81755

• randytelecaster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
If the economy keeps getting lower it maybe the only chance to save flat track on the national level . I was talking to a major dealer this week in business over 40 years and he said it has been very tough for over a year with no short term end in sight .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 24 Jan 2010 12:50 #81758

• randytelecaster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Framers up to 500 for premier class, DTX 450 for support class. Work out something for H - D for framer class (Buell 650 or restricted 450 Rotax from Can - Am four wheeler ?!?) and go. I know I'll be criticised for this, but were are in a financial mess and you do things you don't want to when you are broke .

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 31 Jan 2010 04:23 #82559

• art the dart
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 776
Randy,
You are right on the money &
took a big risk saying out loud what
alot of people are thinking quietly to themselves...

I know alot of the guys &
many are completely without big bike rides!
The bikes are there sitting in shops, showrooms on display
or stored in a basement for..."some other day"...
Support in this day & age is nearly non-existant
on a consistant level!
Don't look for 2011 to be any better...
expect it to be worse!
This ain't no Ordinary 3 Year Economic Cycle or Adjustment Period,
this is serious stuff!
We are discovering, like every major empire before us...
WE...Are Our Own Worst Enemy!

Seeya Randy...Keep on Keep'n On...Art:)
JUSTA ROOST FROM DABENCH

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 31 Jan 2010 19:13 #82678

• Calkins
  • Gold Boarder
  • On Any Sunday...
  • Thank you received: 41
randytelecaster wrote:
Framers up to 500 for premier class, DTX 450 for support class. Work out something for H - D for framer class (Buell 650 or restricted 450 Rotax from Can - Am four wheeler ?!?) and go. I know I'll be criticised for this, but were are in a financial mess and you do things you don't want to when you are broke .

Right on! Keep the 450 DTX as they are, and the 'Unlimited' class could be 500cc or 600cc framers! I like it!!!
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 06 Sep 2010 18:00 #112922

• mdr14
  • Fresh Boarder
I did not see any economy problems at the springfield mile yesterday. Lots of fans, lots of racers. Way better than the roadracing side.
Matt Drucker
MD Racing

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 10 Jun 2012 15:18 #172704

• Doug44
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
mdr14 wrote:
I did not see any economy problems at the springfield mile yesterday. Lots of fans, lots of racers. Way better than the roadracing side.

I guess this thread is about 2 years old now but since you mentioned Springfield, IL let me chime in here since I live in the area..

The biggest problem I see with the singles is getting H.D. owners/riders to the race for a singles race like a short track & T.T. This is one of the problems why the IMDA is ending these races after 2012 they can't get a big enough crowd to support these races because of the lack of H.D. motorcycles racing. The mile each year about sells out and the night before with the singles they can't get enough to pay the bills.
Doug
Decatur, IL just 40mi East Of Dirt Track Mecca Springfield, IL

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 17 Jun 2012 03:02 #173228

• Highsider99
  • Expert Boarder
  • former AMA 19T, 32T Junior Pro Ranks
  • Thank you received: 44
maybe (at the TTs/Short tracks) run a 750 Twin exhibition or support class, with a purse worth a few decent bucks for the pros to make some extra cash...get one of these many H-D dealerships to throw in some money & support. If this year I go to closest National to me: the Castle Rock GNC I'll look forward to seeing the 750 Twin race (with a lot of the National numbers in it) the night before as much as the actual National.

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 17 Jun 2012 10:45 #173241

• Huskyfrk
  • Junior Boarder
Ron Wood proposed a single format and rules change to allow 660cc on miles, 560 on 1/2 miles. didn't fly with the pro harley board at the AMA. it's time for some new machinery. brand competition is really needed. be nice to put together an affordable bike, similar to ron woods BMW powered bike....IMHO or something based on a new triumph bonneville, etc.......

Re:Singles to replace twins ? 06 Jul 2012 16:12 #174008

• racingxtc7
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Politics, politics, politics.

There have been a lot of great bikes built over the years (BMW, Ducati, etc) and tons of money invested only to be "outlawed" because the "higher ups" are affraid of change. Any new technology is thrown to the wast side becauce it will win against a 30 year old bike.

In roadracing they just let the buells and H-D go to larger displacements to even things. The lightweight classes has the 1200cc air cooled against the 650cc liquid cooled (SV650, Ninja 650).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds